28 April, 2009
Made this for Rezan's birthday which has fallen today. Got the recipe from my Italian Cook Book, and i found the recipe is pretty simple. No cream required for this recipe, and it's called for merigued white egg instead. I discarded the coffee liqouir and i used instand coffee as a substitute.
This is what i did..
- Meringue 3 eggs white with 1 tablespoon of icing sugar.
- Combine 500gm mascarpone cheese with meringued eggs.
- Prepare 18 finger biscuit.
- Prepare coffee mixture, just dilute instant coffee with water. Depends how strong coffee you would like to have.
- Layer finger biscuits altenately with cheese mixture. Make 3 layers of biscuit and finish it with cheese mixture. Dip finger biscuits into coffee mixture beforehand.
- Sprinkle with chocolate powder before serve.
20 April, 2009
13 April, 2009
10 April, 2009
07 April, 2009
- Meat - cut chunk, boil to tender. Thinly slice, pour some egg and coated with corn flour. Fry till browning and crispy. Set aside.
- Carrot - Thinly slice/julienne. Fry till crispy.
- Pour some sweet chili into prepared meat, well coated and throw in the fried carrot.
06 April, 2009
04 April, 2009
03 April, 2009
- Glutinus rice - I rinsed and steamed with water just covered the surface. I dropped some pandan essence and salt to taste. Steam to half-cooked.
- I wrapped those prepared glutinus rice with bamboo leaves (since i don't have banana leave at home yesterday, just grabbed whatever i had..hehehe). Make samosa style. Repeat to finish.
- I boiled those wrapped glutinus till fully cooked.
- Unwrapped and coated with descinated coconut and served with palm sugar. yewwwwwwww!
After waallllupppp those lopes, then only i remembered that i will be having glucose test this morning...hohoooooooooo! Pray for me okeyy..
02 April, 2009
- 2 cups plain flour, 3/4 tsp baking powder, salt to taste, and 2 tsb shortening - Mix well with sufficient water, knead to form elastic dough. Form small balls and set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Roll out a thin layer and toast it on the heated skillet.
- Tips..cook with high temperature, once you get a 'dot and browning' surface, turn to another surface. Cooking in slow heat will take time to get it cook and and it will turn hard and crispy.