What i did basically..
- 2 cups rice, soaked. Suppose to be overnight, but because i just cant stand to wait for this nasi lemak, i only done it for half an hour.
- Prepare steamer, heat it up with enough water.
- Rinse the rice and drain the water. Put it in heat proof container.
- Knot pandan leave, throw inside, slice the fresh ginger, onion (optional), and steam it until rice become more than half cook.
- Pour in 300ml coconut milk, salt to taste. Stir.
- Again...let it be in the steamer and leave it until rice fully cook.
- Tips - you can always layer banana leave at the bottom of the container while steaming it, to get the banana leave aroma.