'Tiga rasa' means the balance taste of hot (but not to hot :D), sweet and sour. I like having this dish with dori fish or mackarel. But this time around, we tried barramandi since someone in the house is craving those 'tiga rasa' like the one back home in Malaysia. Layanzzz...
- Coat cleaned fish with salt & tumeric powder.
- Fully coated with corn flour.
- Deep fry in heated oil till set.
- Set aside while preparing the gravy.
- In heated oil, fry garlic & ginger till fragrant. Throw in chilli powder and little bit water if to dry. Let it cook for a while.
- Add in tomato sauce, fish oil, oyster sauce, sugar & salt. You have to balance the taste between mild hot, sweet & sour. Add little bit water (for gravy) and bring to the boil.
- Add in chopped tomatoes, cucumbers and onion. Let it cook for a while. Sprinkle with chopped coriender.
- Pour gravy on top of fried fish and serve.