Just a normal jelly, with a touch of caramel, milk and custard powder. And it turn out like caramel pudding..yummmmm.
I dont have the exact recipe for this jelly, as different jelly powder or jelly strip are calls for different measurement of water. Like mine, the 7gm jelly powder calls for 900 ml liquid, so i adjusted accordingly. For those who would like to try this, i would suggest you to do the same, measure a sufficient jelly for 900 ml liquid.
- Jelly powder
- 600 ml water
- 300 ml evaporated milk
- 120 gm sugar
- 1 tsb custard powder (or maybe you can add another 1/2 tsb if you like)
- Vanilla essence
- 1 cup sugar - for caramel
- 3 - 4 tsb water - for caramel
- Prepare caramel - heat sugar till it caramelize and browned and disolved. Slowly add water. Stir till it set and put aside.
- Mix custard powder with evaporated milk and set aside.
- Boil water and jelly powder till disolved. Add sugar, keep stiring till sugar disolved.
- Slow down the stove temperature to medium, add custard mixture and vanilla essence. Keep stiring till they become little bit thicken.
- Pour into any mould prepared with caramel. Let it cool and keep it in the fridge until set.