Yam Chiffon Cake, recipe from here.
- 6 eggs yolk
- 150 gm sugar
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 100 ml corn oil
- 70 ml water
- 225 g plain flour*
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder* (sifted)
- 1 tsp yam essence
- 1/2 camca food colouring (purple)
- 6 eggs white
- 135 g sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Using a whisk, mix well all ingredients A. Set aside.
- Meringue ingrediants B (in separate bowl)
- Combine A & B.
- Pour into chiffon cake tin (26 cm). Do not grease the cake tin, just line with baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven (175 c) for 30-35 minutes.