Bottom: (to prepare this first):
- 500gm glutinous rice, rinse and soak with little bit salt, 1-2 tablespoon cooking oil (this is optional) and lite coconut milk for a while (approximatey 10 minutes). Measure the amount of coconut milk just above the rice.
- Transfer into heated steamer and let it cook (approximately 20 minutes).
- The indicator - Rice will turn tranparent when it ready/set.
- Arrange the glutinous rice into mould. Press to make it compact. It's is ready for topping now.
Toping: Prepare this while steaming the bottom part):
- Mix 2 eggs, 1 and half cup of coconut milk, 3/4 cup of sugar, 3 tsb of plain flour, salt to taste, durian paste/emulco and yellow food colouring.
- Stir well to avoid lumpy batter, OR to make it easy..just blend them.
- Filter if necessary, and pour on top of prepared glutinous rice.
- Again, return this into heated steamer and cook until it set. I steamed it for nearly 1 hour.
- Let it cool before serve/cut.