My mum's recipe..miss you mum!!
I prefer to have this with little bit gravy in it, serve with white bread or steam rice..
- Half kg chicken liver
- 2-3 shallot - blended
- 1 garlic clove - blended
- Little bit of ginger - blended
- 1 stalk lemon grass - chopped
- 1 tsb or more blended dried chilli (i substituted with chilli powder)
- 2 tsb curry powder
- Tumeric leave (i substituted with dried tumeric leave)
- 3/4 cup thick cocunut milk & 3/4 cup lite cocunut milk (i substitued with 3/4 small pack of cocunut cream plus 1/2 cup of plain water)
- half cup kerisik - taosted fresh shreded coconut, finely blend (i substituted with dried shreded coconut, toated and then finely blend)
- 4-5 snake beans (i substitued with green beans)
- salt to taste
- Except kerisik and snake beans, combine everything in a medium pan over medium heat. Simmer for a while untill chicken liver become tender.
- Add in the beans and simmer for another 4-5 minutes. Add some salt.
- Add in kerisik and keep simmering. You can either left some gravy in it if you like OR keep simmering untill it fully dried.