The idea was from this recipe. It just a normal sponge cake, with butter cream and shreded cheddar cheese. Happend that my husband requested for any cake, for his discussion with another 4 friends. Suddenly this cake came across into my mind, but a tin of cake is to much! and i was thinking swiss roll is the best size for them.
For the cake..
- 4 eggs seperated
- 70 gm castor sugar
- 50gm self raising flour
- 10gm corn flour
- esen vanilla
- 2 tsb corn oil or normal cooking oil will do..
- Meringue white eggs with the sugar. Slowly add in egg yolk.
- Fold in the sifted both tyoe of flour.
- Stir in corn oil, mix well
- Line the base of swiss roll tin, spread batter into it. Bake for 180 degree celcius for 10-12 minutes.
- Let it cool before we assemble with the butter cream and cheddar cheese.
For butter cream, just beat 125 gm of butter with 1/4 cup of icing sugar. Add in 2 tsb of fresh milk. Beat as white/pale as you can. But this measurement of butter cream is to much for this swill roll, it is recommended to make only half of it.
Spread this butter cream in between, roll in, and spread the remaining butter cream on top of the roll. Sprinkle with shreded cheddar cheese. Kraft brand will be better!