Original recipe was from here.
- A cup of water
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp alum
- 1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
- 1/2 tsp amonia (for cooking) - i dont have this, thus i just ignored this ingedient.
- 1 tsb oil
- Lot of oil for deep fry
- Except oil for deep fry, assemble all ingredients into breadmaker, and process with 'dough' mode.
- When it done with kneading, devide dough into 2 equal portions and make a cylinder 40cm lengh (approximately). Cover with tea towel or plastic wrap, let it proof for 45 minutes.
- Using palm, press both dough into rectangular shape (1cm thick & 5-6cm wide - approximately). Then cut into thinner rectangular (2-2.5cm wide-approximately). See the original recipe for better better explanation (pictures). Again, let it rest for another 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil.
- Dip a thin bamboo stick (satay stick) into plain water, and press the stick on top of the dough. Get another one dough, put on top of the watered dough and press with the stick. It's became 'twin' now. See pictures.
- Slowly pull the dough into 15-20cm lengh (approximately) and fry into heated oil untill golden brown.
Note: This recipe, using quit a lot of flour for dusting. Otherwiaw, it will sticking on your rolling bench.