yeayyyyyy!! I am so happy, i finally managed to make this treat! Was aiming to make it since the first day Kak Jun published her entry. It's fantastic Kak Jun, simple ingredients, easy steps, and yet..its yuuummm! thank you! thank you kak!
- 300 gm plain flour ##
- 60 gm hoen kwee flour ##
- 360 gm sugar ##
- 2 eggs ##
- 1500 ml cocunut milk ##
- 1/2 tsp salt ##
- 25 gm cooking chocolate (powder)
- Food colouring. (Original recipe called for yellow, but I follow kak jun, subsituted to green/ pandan paste).
- Blend all ingredients marked with ##.
- Devide mixture into 2 equal portions. Color the mixture with green paste and cooking chocolate, respectively.
- Heat steamer and the mould/ tin cake (greased with oil).
- Start layering with green mixture, steam for 5 minutes, followed with chocolate mixture. Repeat to finish. For final layer, steam for 15-20 minutes.
- Let it cool before serve.
Note: Half of this recipe yielding 6" X 6" square tin