I was calling frens here and there, just to make sure i have bought the correct ingredients, was in puzzle on how was the exact look of them. Really have no idea about it coz i normally bought the readymade lai chi kang when i was in Malaysia..but that weekend really made me toasted and this drink keep hanging in my head! Here is the recipe:-
- White sugar (gula putih)
- Palm sugar (gula merah)
- Barley pearl (barli) - rinse
- White fungus (fungus putih) - soak till soften
- Black fungus (fungus hitam) - soak till soften
- Dried lotus seed (biji teratai) - rinse
- Dried red dates (kurma merah) - rinse
- Dried longan pulp (longan) - rinse
- Canned lychees (laici) - drain the syrup
- Grass jelly (cincau) - finely chop
- Honey dates (kembang semangkuk) - soaked 24 hours till soften and swollen
- Sweet melon candy (kundur) - diced
- Sufficient water
- In a pot, bring water to the boil (depending on how much you would like to have it) with white sugar and little bit pulm sugar. Taste the sweetness. Not to much pulm sugar needed as it will make the drink turn to dark - bring it to the boiled and sugar disolved.
- Add in fungus, barley, lotus seed, red dates, longan pulp and honey dates. Boil it till barley and lotus seed become soft.
- Remove from stove and it is ready to serve.
- Add in lychees, grass jelly and sweet melon candy. It can be served hot or cold.
Note: I didnt put the exact measurement for each ingredients, leave it to you on how much much you like to boil it! Happy trying.. :-)