Sotong Kering = Dried squid. In Sydney, it's available from any oriental shop, come in sizes.
Sambal Berkacang = Cooked with chilli with touch of toasted and grounded peanuts
- Dried squid - soak overnite. Drain when it ready/set.
- Onion ( i love to use lot of onion for this dish), garlic - sautee in little bit oil til fragrant. Add chilli paste. With slow heat, simmer till it thoroughly cooked.
- Add little bit coconut milk (approximately 2-3 tsb) and toasted and ground peanuts (approximately 2-3 tsb). Again let it thoroughly cooked.
- Salt and sugar to taste. Palm sugar will do better, as it will produce a really dark red in color.
- Add-in those squid when the sauce ready. Cook till squid become soft and cooked (not to cook to long, the squid will turn rubbery).
- Tips - Can add tamarind slice (optional), but not to put it to early before add-in the squid. It will cause the squid become rubbery.