Here is the step by step recipe:
- 500 gm plain flour
- 1 no egg
- 2 tsb margarine
- Warm water - approximately 160ml
- ** 6 tsb corn flour **
- ** 6 tsb cooking oil **
- Make corn flour paste. Simply mix corn flour and cooking oil, make a paste. Set aside. (I am using corn starch, that is why the paste look yellowish. Either corn flour or corn starch will do)
- Mix all ingredients except with mark **. Form a dough, rest it for a while (3-5 minutes).
- Shape, as A, B, C and D (in the picture)
- A - To make it easy, devide dough into 3-4 small ball. Using a rolling pin, make a thin disc. Spread the corn flour paste on it.
- B - Roll it and cut approximately 1cm - 1.5cm wide.
- C - Again, using a rolling pin, press and make it thin.
- D - Deep fry in heated cooking oil till golden brown. Dust with castor sugar.