02 June, 2009

Roti Naik


I was driving back home yesterday, and thinking what to cook. I had chicken in my fridge. Kalau tanya rezan, for sure he will reply 'anything!'. huhhh...was still thinking till i reached home..shall we have butter chicken? paprik ayam? aarrghhh sooo lazy!!! and finally ayam masak kicap came across in my mind! lagi senang! Memang betul2 malas laahhhh!

Then..after cooking, i sat and rest. Switched on my laptop..start surfing net. Then i open my blog. Then i clicked into CMG link, 'wahhhh..got roti mehhhh!' Roti naik! And i just dont understand why suddenly i became sooo bersemangat to bake. It was already 8.15pm at that time & Rezan were still at school..

I suddenly became soooo rajin..went to kitchen, measure all ingredients and damn everything into my BM. Not long after that, Rezan came back and he asked 'buat roti??? what time are you going to bed then?' huhuuuuuu..well that's me...kalau dah nak buat, tak kira waktu! Lepas je siap roti..dok chat sekejap ngan budak tuu...mata dah terlelap! sorry laa brother..wa ngantukk lerr..lu punya pasal lerrr wa buat ini roti! heheheh

This is the recipe, i made half of it and it's yielding 8 buns.

  • 400gm bread flour
  • 100gm hong kong flour
  • 250ml water
  • 50gm milk powder
  • 3/4 tsp bread improver
  • 180gm (brown sugar)
  • 100gm butter
  • 11 gm instant yeast
  • 1tsp vanilla essence
  • drops of yellow food colouring
  1. Mix all ingredients and throw everything in breadmaker for kneading process. Select 'dough' setting and wait till everything done.
  2. Prove for about 45 minutes to 1 hour and knead again for few minutes.
  3. Shape - form balls.
  4. Leave it and let it become double size.
  5. Grease tin and bake with 190 degree celcius for 15-20 minutes.

No comments: