When i made it last time, i forgot to beat the eggs as in the recipe. It produced quite smooth topping surface. This time, i follows Ayu's instruction, and i got little bit spongy topping. So, it's depend on which topping we prefer, wether or not to beat the eggs before mix it with others ingredients.
Bottom (prepare this first):
- 150 gm rice flour (3 senduk)
- 625 ml coconut milk (2.5 cawan)
- Salt to taste
- Mix all ingredients, stir well and filter.
- Simmer for a while on the stove to get thick batter (not to thick, just enough with little bit lumpy batter).
- Transfer to the 9'' round pan, and cook in heated steamer for approximeately 20 minutes.
- Prepare top part.
- 30 gm rice flour (2 sudu besar)
- 30 gm plain flour (2 sudu besar)
- 250 ml santan (1 cawan)
- 250 ml warm water ** (1 cawan)
- 65 gm palm sugar ** (lupa nak tgk ni berapa sudu :D)
- 10 gm white sugar ** (1 sudu besar)
- 3 nos egg
- salt to taste
- Boil ingredients with ** (water, palm sugar & white sugar). Set aside.
- Lightly beaten the eggs. (tak beat pun takper).
- Mix 1 & 2 with other ingredients, stir well and filter.
- Pour on the bottom part when it ready. Steam till it set. I steam it for nearly 1 hour.
- Let it cool before serve/cut.