This is from Mama Lydia's Kitchen. She made Durian Chiffon Cake, but I subsituted the main ingredient with cempedak flesh. This recipe yielding 9" round chiffon tin cake.
- 4 egg yolks
- 20gm caster sugar
- 40gm vegetable cooking oil
- 30ml milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 100gm cake flour (or 85gm all purpose flour + 15gm cornflour)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 4 egg whites
- 100gm caster sugar
- ⅛ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ cup cempedak flesh, pureed
- Preheat oven to 170 degree C.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together ingredients A until combined.
- Sift together ingredients B, then add into (2) and mix well. Set aside for later use.
- In another large mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks. Add in sugar and cream of tartar and continue to beat until stiff.
- Take ¼ of the meringue and mix with (3) until well mixed. Gradually add in remaining meringue, and lastly stir in cempedak puree. Stir until just combined.
- Transfer batter into chiffon pan and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Invert the cake immediately after taking out from oven, and cool on rack completely before turning out from mould.