- 500gm firm white fish fillet ( I used mackarel)
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh asian basil (I used vietnamese mint (kesum))
- 2 tablespoon red curry paste
- 100gm green beans, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- oil for shallow-frying
- Place the fish fillet in food processor and process for 20 seconds, or until smooth.
- Add lime leaves, basil and curry paste, and process again for another 10 seconds.
- Transfer the fish mixture to a large bowl, add green beans and spring onion, and mix well.
- With wet hands, form flattish patties of 2 tablespoon of the mixture.
- Heat oil and fry the fish cake until they are golden brown.
- Serve with cucumber dipping sauce.
To make cucumber dipping sauce:
- Combine 1 lebanese cucumber finely chopped, 3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce, 2 tablespoons vinegar, 1 tablespoon chopped unsalted roasted peanuts and 1 tablespoon choped fresh coriender.