03 November, 2008

Cucur Udang


Another recipe from my mum. When i saw other cucur udang in other blogs, its really remind me to my mum's cucur udang. It's spongy and rich with chives. I like it! Mum's recipe called for little bit of yeast, but not to much please..as it will absorb to much oil in it. Here is the recipe:
  • 3 cup of plain flour
  • Onion, finely chopped
  • Little bit of ginger, pounded
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp tumeric powder
  • 1 tsb chilli powder (optional)
  • 1 bunch chive (chopped)
  • Salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/3 tsp instant yeast (not to much to avoid cucur to absorb to much oil)
  • Sufficient water
  • Oil for frying purpose
  • Sufficient prawns

p/s: This recipe yielding a lot of cucur. I made half of it for myself and rezan, and managed to bring some for my officemates :)

  1. Except prawns & oil; mix all ingredients, stir well to form a fritters batter. Let them rest for approximately half an hour.
  2. You'll need slotted spoon. Deep & round slotted spoon is preferred.
  3. Heat up oil and deep your slottered spoon for a while.
  4. Arrange the batter into heated spoon, and top with prawn. Deep it into hot oil and let it loose from the spoon by itself. Keep frying till fritter turn into golden color.
  5. Toss with the kitchen towel. Done. Serve with sweet chilli or any chilli sauce.

No comments: