Donut from Lelayong's recipe. hmmmm best ever donut...! you should try it. :-)
- 1/2 kg plain flour
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsb yeast
- 4 tsb sugar
- 3 tsb margerine
- 3 medium potatoes (boil & mash)
What i did..
- Disolve sugar in the warm milk, add yeast and let it rest for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix flour, margerine, eggs and potatoes - form a breadcrumb mixture.
- Add yeast mixture into flour mixture, knead for about 25-20 minutes, or until it soften and elastic.
- Let if proof untill it become double in size.
- Knead again for 1-2 minutes.
- Let it rest for 1-2 minutes.
- Shape & proof.
- Fry - golden.
- Toast with caster sugar.