- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 ¾ cups milk at room temperature
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 cups cubed egg bread
- 2/3 cup raspberry or other fruit jam
- turbinado sugar, for sprinkling (i use brown sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Melt butter and brush pan with half of it.
- Add peanut butter to remaining melted butter and heat over low until fluid. Remove from heat and whisk in milk, then whisk in egg yolks, eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Toss mixture with diced bread and let sit 10 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into preapred pan and dollop jam over bread, pressing in slightly to incorporate just a touch.
- Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Place pan in a larger dish and fill it with an inch of hot tap water. Bake for about 50 minutes, until golden on top and set. Let pudding sit for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Pudding can be served warm or chilled.