19 July, 2010
- 400 gm sweet potato - boil till tender and mashed.
- Add 80 gm - 100gm wheat flour. Combine to form a dough.
- Devide into small balls, about the same size as small egg.
- Take a ball and flatten it. Place a teaspoon of sugar in the middle. Seal and shape.
- Fry till browning.
18 July, 2010
- 1 shallot OR 1/4 cup purple onion
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1-2 red chilies
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 thumb-size piece galangal OR ginger
- 2 Tbsp. tomato ketchup
- 1/2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. ground white pepper
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. shrimp paste
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/4 can good-quality coconut milk - reserve remaining for cooking the curry
- 2 Tbsp. fresh-squeezed lime juice
- Optional: 1/2 tsp. cinnamon (OR add 1 cinnamon stick to your curry pot)
** I blend in another ingredients - 1/4 cup coriender stem and 1 tsp black pepper. This recipe yielding paste for 1 large pot of curry, thus I kept it frozen and use it for 3 times.
- Beat 4 eggs and 70gm castor sugar untill pale and pluffy.
- Sift 50gm self raising flour and 10gm corn flour into it.
- Stir instrawberry emolco and 2 tablespoon of corn oil/vegetable oil.
- Spread batter into swiss roll tin, and bake 180 degree celcius for 10-12 minutes, or untill set.
- Let it cool before assemble/roll with butter cream.
15 July, 2010
- 3 tsb butter - melted
- 1 egg
- A cup of self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsb sugar
- A cup of fresh milk
- 1 tsb lemon juice - optional
- salt to taste
- Combine and blend all ingredients. Avoid lumpy batter. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Use non-stick pan to cook.
- Batter can be used for pancake as well as waffle.
14 July, 2010
- Deep fry silken tofu till browning. Remove from stove and set aside.
- Sautee garlic till fragrant, add water for gravy. Add sesame oil and fish sauce. Let it boil.
- Break in 1 egg and give a good stir.
- Add fried tofu and chive.
- Thicken gravy with corn flour.
- Salt to taste.
12 July, 2010
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 ¾ cups milk at room temperature
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 cups cubed egg bread
- 2/3 cup raspberry or other fruit jam
- turbinado sugar, for sprinkling (i use brown sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Melt butter and brush pan with half of it.
- Add peanut butter to remaining melted butter and heat over low until fluid. Remove from heat and whisk in milk, then whisk in egg yolks, eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Toss mixture with diced bread and let sit 10 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into preapred pan and dollop jam over bread, pressing in slightly to incorporate just a touch.
- Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Place pan in a larger dish and fill it with an inch of hot tap water. Bake for about 50 minutes, until golden on top and set. Let pudding sit for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Pudding can be served warm or chilled.
- In heated oil, sautee 3-4 garlic clove till fragrant.
- Add half cup each of oyster sauce, chilli sauce and tomato sauce. Stir.
- Add 2 cup of chicken or anchovy stock and keep stiring.
- Add half cup of petis, and more water if necessary (if to thick).
- Palm sugar and salt to taste.
- Grounded roasted peanut and sesame seed, on your choice.
- Keep stiring until you get desired gravy.
11 July, 2010
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups of pandan juice, or 2 cups water with yellow coloring
- 2 canned coconut milk (400ml x2)
- 3 cups of wheat flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- salt to taste
- 4 tbsp butter - melted.
- Combine and blend all ingredients. Avoid lumpy batter.
- Grease pan/mould with 1 tbsp oil. Pour the batter into heated pan/mould.
- Bake in the oven till browning. test with the skewer/tester.
Note: I only made half of this recipe. And since I made this without pandan leave, I add little bit vanilla essence.
- 130gm fine rice flour
- 10gm corn starch
- 10gm wheat starch
- 1 cup water
- Combine rice flour, corn starch, wheat starch and water. Mix well and let it stand for 1 hour.
- Grease plate or a small tray with oil, pour in some mixture and steam for 30 seconds.
- Place filling (optional) and roll it up.
Note: It can be served with Yong Tau Foo gravy, and can be added as one of the Yong Tau Foo items.