20 June, 2009
When i made it last time, i forgot to beat the eggs as in the recipe. It produced quite smooth topping surface. This time, i follows Ayu's instruction, and i got little bit spongy topping. So, it's depend on which topping we prefer, wether or not to beat the eggs before mix it with others ingredients.
Bottom (prepare this first):
- 150 gm rice flour (3 senduk)
- 625 ml coconut milk (2.5 cawan)
- Salt to taste
- Mix all ingredients, stir well and filter.
- Simmer for a while on the stove to get thick batter (not to thick, just enough with little bit lumpy batter).
- Transfer to the 9'' round pan, and cook in heated steamer for approximeately 20 minutes.
- Prepare top part.
- 30 gm rice flour (2 sudu besar)
- 30 gm plain flour (2 sudu besar)
- 250 ml santan (1 cawan)
- 250 ml warm water ** (1 cawan)
- 65 gm palm sugar ** (lupa nak tgk ni berapa sudu :D)
- 10 gm white sugar ** (1 sudu besar)
- 3 nos egg
- salt to taste
- Boil ingredients with ** (water, palm sugar & white sugar). Set aside.
- Lightly beaten the eggs. (tak beat pun takper).
- Mix 1 & 2 with other ingredients, stir well and filter.
- Pour on the bottom part when it ready. Steam till it set. I steam it for nearly 1 hour.
- Let it cool before serve/cut.
- 2 cup self rising flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- little bit baking powder
- 1 egg (beaten a bit)
- 3/4 fresh milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Pandan paste
- Descinated coconut
- Icing sugar for dusting (optional)
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Add sugar and beaten egg.
- Add milk, pandan paste and oil. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into muffin case/muffin tin.
- Sprinkle with descinated coconut.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180 degree celcius) for 20 minutes or until it just set.
Dust with Icing sugar (optional).
- Tips - to get 'volcano muffin' heated oven to maximum heat, then lower heat to required temperature once muffin goes into oven.
16 June, 2009
- Grated topioca: amount - depending on how many lepat you would like to have. If you doing it from scratch, the excess water need to be drained before we mix it up with any other ingredients. Mine was a short cut, since i am using ready-frozen grated topioca.
- Mix with grated coconut, palm sugar, white sugar and salt. As for me, for 1 cup of topioca, i add-in 2 heapspoon of descinated coconut, sugar and salt to taste. I would love to have dark color of lepat, so i put more palm sugar into it.
- Wrap it in banana leaf. (but i wrapped it in dried bamboo leaf..)
- Arrange all lepat in heated steamer, and let it cook (approximately half an hour).
15 June, 2009
14 June, 2009
Here is the step by step recipe:
- 500 gm plain flour
- 1 no egg
- 2 tsb margarine
- Warm water - approximately 160ml
- ** 6 tsb corn flour **
- ** 6 tsb cooking oil **
- Make corn flour paste. Simply mix corn flour and cooking oil, make a paste. Set aside. (I am using corn starch, that is why the paste look yellowish. Either corn flour or corn starch will do)
- Mix all ingredients except with mark **. Form a dough, rest it for a while (3-5 minutes).
- Shape, as A, B, C and D (in the picture)
- A - To make it easy, devide dough into 3-4 small ball. Using a rolling pin, make a thin disc. Spread the corn flour paste on it.
- B - Roll it and cut approximately 1cm - 1.5cm wide.
- C - Again, using a rolling pin, press and make it thin.
- D - Deep fry in heated cooking oil till golden brown. Dust with castor sugar.
Had this kuih last week. Recipe from Ayu (Singapore). I like it! Will make it again sometime this week. Ayu's measurement is using senduk nasi, as the original recipe was from her mom. I will measure using scale, and put up the matric version recipe later :)
08 June, 2009
This is a combination of bun and nugget recipes. For the bun, I normally will stick to that recipe since i can have it in various sizes and shapes. While for nugget, i use the one from myresipi, but i had them in giant size to suit my bun.
05 June, 2009
Bottom: (to prepare this first):
- 500gm glutinous rice, rinse and soak with little bit salt, 1-2 tablespoon cooking oil (this is optional) and lite coconut milk for a while (approximatey 10 minutes). Measure the amount of coconut milk just above the rice.
- Transfer into heated steamer and let it cook (approximately 20 minutes).
- The indicator - Rice will turn tranparent when it ready/set.
- Arrange the glutinous rice into mould. Press to make it compact. It's is ready for topping now.
Toping: Prepare this while steaming the bottom part):
- Mix 2 eggs, 1 and half cup of coconut milk, 3/4 cup of sugar, 3 tsb of plain flour, salt to taste, durian paste/emulco and yellow food colouring.
- Stir well to avoid lumpy batter, OR to make it easy..just blend them.
- Filter if necessary, and pour on top of prepared glutinous rice.
- Again, return this into heated steamer and cook until it set. I steamed it for nearly 1 hour.
- Let it cool before serve/cut.
03 June, 2009
- Copy babge"2009 CUTE'S BLOGGER AWARD"untuk letakkan diblog anda - done!
- Link/ceritakan kembali siapa yang memberikan award ini kepada anda? - Award from Ayu from Singapore. Ada aim satu recipe dari blog dia ni...ntah bila laaa nak buat agaknyerrr. Nampak sedappp talam beras tuuuu..nanti laaa satu hari nanti mesti buat :D and lagi satuu...hari tuu nampak gambar putu piring kat blog dia..ingat dia buat, kita pun scroll..rupanyerrr dia pi amik kat geylang! ishhhh tipah tertipuuu :D
- Setiap blogger mesti menyatakan beberapa fakta/hobi diri sendiri sebelum memilih penerima award seterusnya (anda di tag) fakta hobi..memasak & makan. Fakta lain..dulu masa bujang, pemalas nak masak. Sanggup lapar kalau mak takde kat rumah or malas keluar cari makan. Lepas kawin, terpaksa masak..and now jadi hobi pulak !
- Anda perlu memilih 6 award seterusnya dan menyatakan pada mereka diblog anda - sape ehhhhh???? rasa nyerr tak sampai 6 la kot...
- CMG dah kena ke belum?
- Kak Jun?
tu je laaa kot
02 June, 2009
To prepare gravy:
- Prawn - boil with enough water for prawn stock - (3 - 4 cups will be suficient for 1 pack of noodle). Shelled and set aside.
- Blend onion, garlic, little bit chilli, dried shrimp - cook in little bit oil til fragrant. Add blended carrot (this is optional, just blend 1 carrot will be enough). Keep stiring.
- Blend prawn shell and head with some stock and filter into the gravy. Pour the remaining prawn stock, keep simmering.
- Sugar and salt to taste.
- Yellow noodle - scalded, pour with gravy.
- Garnish with boiled and shelled prawn, sliced fish cake, sliced toufu, and scalded kangkung. Also can be served with bean sprout, but i omitted this.
- Squeeze some lemon juice.
I was driving back home yesterday, and thinking what to cook. I had chicken in my fridge. Kalau tanya rezan, for sure he will reply 'anything!'. huhhh...was still thinking till i reached home..shall we have butter chicken? paprik ayam? aarrghhh sooo lazy!!! and finally ayam masak kicap came across in my mind! lagi senang! Memang betul2 malas laahhhh!
Then..after cooking, i sat and rest. Switched on my laptop..start surfing net. Then i open my blog. Then i clicked into CMG link, 'wahhhh..got roti mehhhh!' Roti naik! And i just dont understand why suddenly i became sooo bersemangat to bake. It was already 8.15pm at that time & Rezan were still at school..
I suddenly became soooo rajin..went to kitchen, measure all ingredients and damn everything into my BM. Not long after that, Rezan came back and he asked 'buat roti??? what time are you going to bed then?' huhuuuuuu..well that's me...kalau dah nak buat, tak kira waktu! Lepas je siap roti..dok chat sekejap ngan budak tuu...mata dah terlelap! sorry laa brother..wa ngantukk lerr..lu punya pasal lerrr wa buat ini roti! heheheh
This is the recipe, i made half of it and it's yielding 8 buns.
- 400gm bread flour
- 100gm hong kong flour
- 250ml water
- 50gm milk powder
- 3/4 tsp bread improver
- 180gm (brown sugar)
- 100gm butter
- 11 gm instant yeast
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- drops of yellow food colouring
- Mix all ingredients and throw everything in breadmaker for kneading process. Select 'dough' setting and wait till everything done.
- Prove for about 45 minutes to 1 hour and knead again for few minutes.
- Shape - form balls.
- Leave it and let it become double size.
- Grease tin and bake with 190 degree celcius for 15-20 minutes.